Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc (2008)

I enjoyed most of this bottle on my own last night in our New York hotel room, after having a few vodka crans. It was pouring outside so we figured we'd keep the party inside until the rain let up, and that worked out pretty well. I got it at a little wine and liquor shop here in by Central Park, price: $9.99, I imagine it was a little over priced but it's kind of hard to find wine in our area in the theater district (or it was difficult when we were wandering around trying to find alcohol the other night). I had been deciding between this one and a 120 sauv blanc (and a muscato, but that had a cork while these have twist off tops, and we don't have a wine opener here), and asked the guy at the shop what the differences were, he said this one was more dry while the other was more buttery and crisp. I figured I'd try this one since I already have the other one sitting at home waiting to be tasted.

Now for the wine review, it was definitely one of those wines that make you pucker a little bit, not really in a bad way, it just had that bit of acidity. It wasn't that sweet but did have some sourish fruit flavors. As the back of the bottle says "passion fruit, lime and grapefruit flavors...balanced by clean, crisp acidity." I don't know about the crisp part, but it definitely had the acidity and the lime and grapefruit part. As for the results from the next morning (which is now, as I'm writing this review), I drank this whole bottle myself minus 2 glasses, and I'm feeling just fine, now. I was def a little woozy and dehydrated a few hours ago, but really not too bad, so that's a good sign. Now the question, should you buy this wine? I would say if you find it under $7 go for it, but the price I paid seemed a little much, unless you are looking for a puckery sort of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment