Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stella Rosa Rosso Il Conte D'Alba 1917


Every time I would hang out with my girlfriends, they raved about Stella Rosa. One night my girlfriend and I decided to go buy some at Bevmo, but they were all sold out. A few months later, I found Stella Rosa at Bristol Farms for $10.99. The guy that was showing me around the wine arbor claimed Stella Rose is "a wine for pussies!" Stella Rosa is described as a "refreshing red wine to be served chilled and accompanied by fresh fruit and cheese." I drank it chilled and I was pleasantly surprised when I realized there were bubbles! The wine itself was very sweet, with fruity flavors, great for entry level wine drinkers. The alcohol content is only at 5.5%, so you may need to drink a bottle or two by yourself to have a fun night. The color of the wine is also very light compared to other reds I have tried before. Stella Rosa would be great on a nice summer evening when you are in the mood for a light, sweet red wine. So forget the Arbor Mist at the grocery store and go buy a bottle of Stella Rose, you will not be disappointed :)

2 comments:

  1. Bought a bottle tonight and loved it drank the whole bottle :-)
    Never been much of a wine drinker but that may have changed now
    Stella Rosa is a great wine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a bottle as a gift in 2008. Do you think it’s any good?

    ReplyDelete